Assessing student work in Canvas can be very efficient using SpeedGrader. This tool allows you to open assignments directly inside of Canvas, leave annotations and written/audio/video comments, apply rubrics, assign grades, and move easily through various students’ submissions. This becomes particularly powerful in courses where early assignment submissions are built-upon and improved by students as they can reply to your comments and submit improved versions of their work all within this interface. By the end of this session, you’ll be able to complete and facilitate these tasks.
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Inclusive of learning-centered assessment
- Designed for reflection and growth
Who should take this course: Faculty/Instructors/TAs
Duration: 60 minutes or 90 minutes (more time for questions)
Prerequisites & Preparation
- Able to take a screenshot and access the image file
- Have an assignment created in their sandbox course
- Attend “How do I create and collect assignments?” and create an assignment
- Review self-study materials “How do I create an assignment?” and create an assignment
- Bring along an example student assignment (to be submitted during session)
Registration & Video
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own.