Using Discussions is a great way to get students working with each other and sharing ideas. It also has uses beyond connecting students, asking for written opinions or doing analyses, such as having students solve real-world or multi-stage problems in groups, and using video or audio instructions and responses.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- locate Discussions and identify its potential uses
- understand and use common Discussion settings
- create a graded Discussion in your Course
- locate Chat and understand its uses
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Active and social
- Inclusive of learning-centered assessment
Who should take this course: Faculty/Instructors/TAs
Duration: 60 minutes or 90 minutes (more time for questions)
Prerequisites & Preparation
- View Discussions Overview video in Professional Learning Course: 3.3 Discussions Overview (Alternately, find video at https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1109-discussions-overview-instructors)
Registration & Video
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own.