It is important that you communicate with your students about course related topics, whether that is an assignment due date or a reminder of an upcoming event. Communication ensures that students stay engaged, and remain on track. Canvas can keep you up to date with what is going on in your course through notifications. By the end of this session, you will be able to
- set up your notification preferences
- broadcast course related topics to your students
- start a conversation and reply to a conversation
- add an event to your calendar
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Designed to enable connection
Who should take this course: Faculty/Instructors/TAs
Duration: 60 minutes or 90 minutes (more time for questions)
Prerequisites & Preparation
Think about the following questions and be prepared to answer them during the course
- Why is it important to be able to communicate with students in your course?
- How have you communicated with students in the past?
Registration & Video
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own.
- How do I set up my Canvas notification preferences?: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26294-how-do-i-set-my-canvas-notification-preferences-as-an-instructor
- Announcements overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1090-announcements-overview-instructors
- What is the inbox?: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10705-67952720333
- How do I use Calendar?: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12911-how-do-i-use-the-calendar-as-an-instructor