Your course syllabus is an important document in organizing a rich learning experience and communicating course details and expectations to your students. Sharing it in Canvas is a great way to keep it easily accessible to students. Through this session, you will be able to create your course syllabus to include the elements required under the Academic Courses Policy, incorporate elements of who you are as a person and educator, and provide your students with a road map of their learning. This session will also explore how to schedule important course dates to appear in the students' calendars.
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Learning must be found easily at any time
- All learners and teachers have equitable access, regardless of culture, language, ability, etc.
Who should take this course: Faculty/Instructors/TAs
Duration: 60 minutes or 90 minutes (more time for questions)
Prerequisites & Preparation
- Participants will receive and review the list of required elements for a USask Syllabus
- Participants will bring their syllabus for reference
- Participants will bring one other Word Doc or PDF to upload into their own course
Registration & Video
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own.
- Chat overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1098-chat-overview-instructors
- User settings and profile pictures: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1074-user-settings-and-profile-picture-all-users
- Notification preferences: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1072-notification-preferences-all-users
- Conversations overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1071-conversations-overview-all-users
- Discussions overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1109-discussions-overview-instructors
- Modules overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1114-modules-overview-instructors
- Pages overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1115-pages-overview-instructors