If you have never used a Learning Management System before you will be pleasantly surprised by what Canvas has to offer. By the end of this session you will be able to identify and plan how to use the various Canvas tools to help you build a digital learning environment. You will see how easy it is to connect with your students, create a virtual learning community, and to organize and create course content to guide your students through your course.
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Efficient and easy to use
Who should take this course: Faculty/Instructors/TAs
Duration: 60 minutes and 90 minutes (more time for questions)
Prerequisites & Preparation
Watch the introductory video Instructor Canvas Overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1095-canvas-overview-instructors
Think about and answer the following questions:
- What about Canvas excites you?
- What about Canvas worries you?
Registration & Video
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own.
- Chat overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1098-chat-overview-instructors
- User settings and profile pictures: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1074-user-settings-and-profile-picture-all-users
- Notification preferences: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1072-notification-preferences-all-users
- Conversations overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1071-conversations-overview-all-users
- Discussions overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1109-discussions-overview-instructors
- Modules overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1114-modules-overview-instructors
- Pages overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1115-pages-overview-instructors