If you are an experienced Blackboard user, you’ll feel at home with many of the tools inside of Canvas and you’ll be excited about the new features available to you and your students! These new features include a more intuitive grading and annotating interface, the built-in ability to provide audio or video feedback, peer assessment tools built right into your assignments workflow, more flexible ways to set up your gradebook to allow for student choice, more engaging discussions with the option for “threaded replies”, the ability to personalize learning paths, and improved group collaboration tools.
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Efficient and easy to use
Who should take this course: Faculty/Instructors/TAs
Duration: 60 minutes
Prerequisites & Preparation
Watch the introductory video Instructor Canvas Overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1095-canvas-overview-instructors
Think about and answer the following questions:
- What about Canvas excites you?
- What about Canvas worries you?
Registration & Video
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own.
- Chat overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1098-chat-overview-instructors
- User settings and profile pictures: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1074-user-settings-and-profile-picture-all-users
- Notification preferences: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1072-notification-preferences-all-users
- Conversations overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1071-conversations-overview-all-users
- Discussions overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1109-discussions-overview-instructors
- Modules overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1114-modules-overview-instructors
- Pages overview: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1115-pages-overview-instructors