When consistency is important, we look to build structures, designs, and outcomes at a course, Department, or even College/School level. Canvas enables us to build these at a higher level to quickly and easily populate many courses with that content. By the end of this course, you will be able to use Blueprint courses to build common content and a structure that can be pushed from one course to many. You will also be able to develop College, School, or Department level learning outcomes that instructors draw from as they assess their students' progress.
Learning Technology Eco-system Principles
- Efficient and easy to use
Who should take this course: Administrators, Course Leaders, and similar roles
Duration: 60 minutes
Prerequisites & Preparation
- A list of content types that you would like to distribute to several courses at your college
- A few examples of outcomes from your college, including how your college would ideally like to track progress on the outcomes
Registration is through the Canvas registration system. This system is a separate system that only includes Canvas-related professional learning opportunities. A video version of this session (split into 2 halves) has also been created in case you would rather learn the content on our own. Currently there is just a video about Outcomes, but one about Blueprints will also be posted here once it's ready.
Note: The system will allow anyone to register, but only those acting in an administrator or course lead position will actually be able to use the tools discussed in this session.
- What are Outcomes?: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10711-67952724565
- Importing Outcomes from a Spreadsheet: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14421-4214867501
- Adding an Individual Outcome: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17897-917701153553
- Associating Blueprint Courses: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11638-4214758989
- Locked and Unlocked Objects in Blueprints: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11651-4214758995