Register in a Session
We have designed 17 different in-house professional learning opportunities to help you get started with Canvas in a way that meets your unique needs as an instructor. Each of these sessions will present and teach features of the new system, contextualized in the framework that informed the decision to select Canvas as our next LMS in the first place. In each of these courses, you can expect the following:
- Learn how to use several features of Canvas
- Explore the specific aspects of Canvas may give you more opportunities to improve your course’s online learning environment
- Practice using these features through structured learning activities
- Supplementary materials and activities, as found in the professional learning course you were added to when you were first granted access to Canvas
If you want a consultation to address your specific Canvas learning needs as an instructor, email our Move to Canvas team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are looking for instructional design for your courses, please contact the Distance Education Unit at email@example.com.
Full Course Descriptions
Here is a list of our USask-specific Canvas courses. Click on a course to go to the course's full description, including a video version of the course if you are unable to attend a live version for whatever reason:
- I've used Blackboard. What does Canvas have to offer?
- I never really used Blackboard. What does Canvas have to offer?
- How can I move existing Blackboard content into Canvas?
- How do I get and keep my students attention about key course information?
- How do I organize course content to optimize the learning experience?
- How do I set up my syllabus?
- How do I create and facilitate social engagement for learning using discussions?
- How do I create and collect assignments?
- How can I make marking more efficient and effective?
- How can I use rubrics and peer feedback to make marking easier?
- How can I facilitate students working collaboratively in groups?
- How can I use quizzes and surveys for feedback, practice, and grades?
- How do I create a question bank for my quiz and survey questions?
- How can I effectively use Panopto, WebEx, and other external tools?
- Using Blueprint Courses and Outcomes (for Administrators and Course Leaders)
- Using Outcomes and Mastery Paths (for Academic Leaders) (no current offerings - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a custom session)
Other Learning Opportunities
We want to provide you with the right amount of support as you learn about Canvas and the new opportunities it offers. For this reason, we are offering a combination of self-instructional videos and learning materials, in addition to live workshops and consultations to help you get the most from Canvas.
This page is an overview of all the available live support and learning opportunities to support you as you move into Canvas. For information about specific features, accessing the Canvas Community hub, and other self-paced online learning opportunities, consider clicking the button below to view the available independent learning resources.